How Sleep Makes You Glow
We all know, at least vaguely, how we feel after a good night’s sleep. And we’ve all faced our own trials and tribulations after a bad sleep night. But according to science and the medical community at large; a good night’s sleep is more than skin deep.
Here are 10 major health reasons to get enough, quality sleep:
1. Weight loss
2. Mental health
4. Athletic performance/muscle gain
6. Diabetic metabolism
8. Immune function
9. Inflammation control
10. Emotional intelligence
As far as your glow is concerned; increased inflammatory cells in the body lead to an increase in the breakdown of collagen and hyaluronic acid, the molecules that give the skin its glow, bounce, and translucency.
You can use the best products on your skin, eat really well, and supplement to the moon; but if you’re not getting good quality sleep, and at least 7 hours of it; your skin isn’t able to reap the benefits.
There are at least a million articles out there about how to improve your sleep situation, and here are 10 of our favorite micro-improvements for the bedroom:
1. Blackout blinds - keep it dark
2. Adopt a plant - improve air quality and feng-shui
3. Humidify - increase ambient moisture
4. Cooler temps - cool down the body and get cozy
5. Out with the phone - no electronics allowed in the bedroom
6. Declutter - eliminate visual distractions
7. Silk pillowcases - lock in moisture in hair and skin
8. Paint your room - blue, yellow, or green
9. Upgrade your pillow - support your neck
10. A few drops of lavender - a little aromatherapy